The appeal of owning a Hybrid for many of our customers is the expectation of greater fuel economy and fewer repairs throughout the life of the vehicle. Many of our customers have been able to avoid costly repairs simply by keeping up with their required maintenance.
Below we've listed maintenance vital to the performance of your Hybrid however keep in mind that your vehicle is unique to you and we only recommend services after cross referencing your service history, per Carfax, the vehicle inspection, performed by our Hybrid certified technician, and lastly manufacturer service tables.
Hybrid "Tune-Up" We've used a 2009 Toyota Prius as a template
- Hybrid Battery State of Health Testing for capacitance both static and dynamic (every 12 months)
- DC to DC Testing (every 60 months/5 years)
- Power Electronics inspection and Coolant Fluid Drain and Refill followed by scan tool analysis (every 5 years)
- LRR (Low Rolling Resistance) Tire inspection (every 12 months)
- Regenerative Brake Service including Brake Fluid Drain and Refill with use of scan tool (every 2 years)
- EGR Cleaning (every 5 years)
- Throttle Body Service (every 5 years)
- Transmission Inspection and Transmission Fluid Drain and Re-Fill (every 60,000 miles)
- Inspection and replacement of spark plugs for Internal Combustion Engine (every 60,000 miles)
- 12v Battery Testing (every 12 months)
- Inspection and cleaning of MAF Sensor (every 3 years)
- Air Filter replacement (every 15,000 miles)
- Engine oil drain/refill and engine oil filter replacement (every 6,000 to 8,000 miles)
Please keep in mind that this list is by no means a catchall for all vehicles however based on our in shop experience this list allows for proper inspection and maintenance of your Hybrid battery, Internal Combustion Engine, Transmission, Tires, Brakes and Power Electronics.
On a final note, everyday we speak with customers who own Hybrids with 250,000 miles that are performing well and pass inspection and the one commonality we've found with all of them whether it's a Toyota, Ford, BMW or Porsche is adhering to consistent maintenance. If you have any questions or if you want to schedule an inspection give us a call at 305-575-2389 or schedule online today. Allow our team to extend the life of your Hybrid and avoid extensive repairs.