Engine Service and Repair
Our team is A.S.E. L1 Advanced Engine Performance Certified. We're experienced in the service and repair of all automotive engines including Audi, BMW and Porsche Turbo engines. We've listed some telltale signs that your engine is due for service and or repair as well as the testing processes we use to create a repair plan.
If your vehicle is experiencing any of the following we strongly encourage you to give us a call so we can make arrangements to have your vehicle inspected by our team.
- Coolant fluid leak and/or engine oil leak
- Smell of smoke
- White smoke from the exhaust
- Blue smoke from the exhaust especially Audi and BMW Turbo engines
- Blinking/Flashing Check Engine light which is indicative of a misfire and raw fuel entering the exhaust system.
- Check engine light and shaking or vibration
- Loss of power
- Smell of gasoline
- Inconsistent or jerky acceleration
If your vehicle has any of the listed symptoms please give us a call today so we can schedule an inspection. The consequence of ignoring any of the listed concerns may result in a warped head gasket or potential engine failure requiring replacement. Rest assured that no matter what repair your engine may need we are Miami's A.S.E. Master Certified Specialists in all Engine Services and Repairs.
Our first step is to perform a full inspection of the vehicle. Next we check the level and texture of the engine oil for any signs of coolant and engine oil mixing then we check the level and condition of the coolant in the reservoir finally we scan the vehicle for any and all current/historic DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). Before proceeding to testing we then cross reference brand specific technical service bulletins, review your vehicle's service history and pull live data when applicable. All of our repairs plans are based on data not speculation and so our next step is to perform testing, listed below are tests we commonly perform for engine concerns.
- Cranking and Running Compression with the use a In-Cylinder Pressure Transducer
- Relative Compression test with use of an Oscilloscope
- Chemical Analysis: Leak down Testing to confirm exhaust gasses in the cooling system
- Inspecting engine oil for level and texture to see if coolant has mixed with engine oil
- Borescope In-Cylinder Analysis to check for signs of fuel washing
We specialize in the service and repair the following makes and models.
- Audi / Volkswagen
- BMW/ Mini
- Jaguar / Land Rover